The Lady and Sons Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Cake
- 8 1/2 (1 ounce) semisweet chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Filling: Melt the chocolate and butter in a
small bowl over a double boiler. Remove from heat, and set pot aside leaving the
bowl on top of pot.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1/2 of the sugar in a metal mixing bowl. Place bowl over
slightly simmering water, and whisk until yolks reach 140 degrees F.
- Remove bowl
from heat and beat egg and sugar mixture with an electric mixer to a ribbon stage.
Add the Bourbon to the chocolate mixture, then fold the yolk and sugar mixture into
the chocolate mixture. Mix flour with pecans and fold into chocolate mixture.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and 1/2 of the remaining sugar to form
soft peaks, then fold into chocolate mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan and
bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Allow cake to cool in pan and then place in the freezer
for at least 2 hours.
- Once it's frozen, remove sides of springform pan. Invert
cake onto a wire rack and remove bottom of springform pan.
- Ganache: Bring heavy cream to a boil and pouring cream over chocolate
chips in a bowl. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Set wire rack with cake on top of
sheet pan. Pour warm lukewarm ganache over cake, coating cake completely, recoating
if necessary. Gently jiggle wire rack to help drain excess ganache.
- Remove cake from wire rack with spatula and place on a serving plate.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Source: foodtv.com - recipe courtesy Paula Deen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.