The Lady and Sons Collard Greens
- 1/2 pound smoked meat (ham hocks, smoked turkey wings, or smoked neck bones)
- 1 tablespoon House Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Texas Pete hot sauce
- 1 large bunch collard greens
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- In a large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil and add smoked meat, House
Seasoning, seasoned salt, and hot sauce. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, wash collard greens thoroughly. Remove the thick stem that runs
down the center of the greens by holding the leaf in your left hand and stripping
the leaf down with your right hand (the tender young leaves in the heart of the
collards don't need to be stripped). Stack 6 to 8 stripped leaves on top of
each other, roll up, and slice into 1/2-to 1-inch-thick slices.
- Place greens in pot with cooked smoked meat. Add butter after greens.
- Cook for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done, taste and adjust seasoning.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.