The Lady and Sons
Paula's Lemon Cheesecake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter — at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sifted self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- Juice and grated zest of 3 lemons
- 1 recipe 7-Minute Frosting, without the coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 9-inch cake pans.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter until fluffy. Add sugar and continue to
cream well for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and milk
alternately to creamed mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add vanilla and continue to beat until just mixed. Divide batter equally among
prepared pans. Level batter in each pan by holding pan 3 or 4 inches above counter,
then dropping it flat onto the counter. Do this several times to release air bubbles
and assure you of a more level cake.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pans 5 to 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, place filling ingredients in top of double boiler over boiling water
(don't let top pan touch the water). Cook and stir until mixture begins to gel
or thicken. Remove from heat, allow to cool, and spread between cake layers.
- Frost top and sides of cake with 7-Minute Frosting, omitting coconut.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.