The Lady and Sons Pine Bark
- 35 saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 (4 ounce) milk chocolate bars, broken into pieces
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan with tin foil.
Lightly spray foil with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place saltine crackers, salty side up, in prepared pan. In a saucepan, boil butter
and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in
almond extract. Pour mixture over crackers and bake for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with candy bars, and spread evenly as chocolate begins
- Cool slightly and transfer onto wax paper. Allow to cool completely.
Yield: 35 squares
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.