The Lady and Sons Stuffed Red Peppers
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 3/4 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons House Seasoning
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup jarred cheese and salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion tops
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Stuffed Peppers: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Start by cutting the peppers in half lengthwise, leaving the stems intact, and
halving them also. Remove the seeds and ribs inside the peppers.
- Using a hot skillet, sauté the ground beef, pork, onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon of
bouillon granules, and house seasoning together. Sauté until onions become translucent.
- Drain the fat off. Add the rice, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, green onion tops,
and soy sauce. Mix well and stuff the mixture into the peppers.
- In a small bowl, mix the hot water and the remaining bouillon granules. Pour
this mixture into a shallow casserole large enough to hold all of the peppers.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the dish, cover with foil and bake for 25 to 35
- Remove the foil and spoon the juice from bottom of the casserole over the top
of the peppers.
- Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
- House Seasoning: Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container
for up to 6 months.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.