The Little Mushroom Chicken over Avocados
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 large halved chicken breasts
- 2 celery stalks, including leaves
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cups mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon or 1 cube
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 or 3 avocados
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese
- In a large pot simmer the chicken breasts, in enough water to cover, with the
celery onion, salt and pepper, until tender. Remove from the stock and cool.
- De-bone chicken and shred into bite-size pieces. Strain the stock and refrigerate
for another use.
- Combine the chicken, mayonnaise, soup, soup base and curry powder. Place a few
avocado slices in each lightly greased individual au gratin dish. (You can also
bake this in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or even a casserole dish.)
- Pour chicken mixture over the avocados and top with the cheese.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees F or until bubbly.
Source: The Little Mushroom, Dallas, Texas
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes