The Lounge Baked Brie Cheese
Empanadas with Guava Rum Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 rounds puff pastry (3 x 4)
- 6 ounces brie cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 ounces guava paste
- 1/2 ounce dark rum
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- Divide Brie into equal amounts of 3 ounce chunks. Place chunks in center of pastry
rounds. Fold one side over to meet the other and close empanada with a large fork
or the tail end of a spoon. Brush empanadas lightly and sprinkle parmesan cheese
- Place on lightly greased pan and bake in the oven at 500 degrees F for approximately
10 minutes. While this bakes, in a small saucepan combine water and guava paste
over medium heat until paste begins to melt. Add rum and cinnamon. Wait until sauce
thickens and serve warm with empanadas
- Garnish with shredded plantain leaves and drizzled guava sauce.
- Serve some sauce on the side for dipping.
Yield: 2 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes