The Maine Diner Grandmother's Lobster Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 (1 pound) lobsters
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- Lemon wedges
- Steam the lobsters in salted water 12-15 minutes, or until done. Let cool.
- Over a bowl that can hold the juices, pick out the meat from the tails, knuckles
and claws. Reserve the tomalleys.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Stir in the tomalleys and lemon juice. Remove
from the heat. Stir in the crushed crackers. Add enough reserved lobster juice so
the mixture is moist and thick, somewhat like turkey stuffing.
- Divide the lobster meat among 4 individual casseroles. Cover with the cracker
mixture, patting it on evenly.
- Bake at 425 degrees F until the top begins to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes