The Merchant Prince Swordfish and
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked blacked pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning (sold in jars)
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 (5 ounce) swordfish steaks
- Fresh mangoes, approximately 2 pounds
- 1 canned chipotle chile, approximately
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Swordfish: Mix ingredients and marinate fish for 1 hour.
- Grill over medium heat 2 minutes on each side, or until done. Serves 4.
- Chipotle-Mango Sauce: Peel and seed mangoes, reserving 4 slices for garnish.
- Mince and strain chipotle, add mangoes, and blend until creamy. Cook uncovered
in heavy saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, and set aside.
Source: This recipe was featured in the July 1992 issue of Texas Monthly. The
Merchant Prince Restaurant, Galveston, Texas
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes