The Pump Room Alpine White Hazelnut Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur or extract
- 1/4 cup roasted and finely chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 1 Alpine White candy bar, warmed and shaved into curls
- Whole roasted hazelnuts, for garnish
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut liqueur or extract
- Cake: Prepare and bake white cake mix in two layers according to package directions,
except substitute 1/4 cup hazelnut liqueur or extract for 1/4 cup water. Cool on
- Frosting: Cream together butter and cream cheese, then add remaining
frosting ingredients. (Add a few drops of milk or cream if it becomes too thick.)
Frost center of bottom layer of cake, sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts (reserving
2 teaspoons), and arrange raspberries over all. Top with second layer of cake and
continue icing. When finished, arrange candy bar curls in center of cake, and sprinkle
remaining chopped Oregon hazelnuts and whole hazelnuts. Cut into slices and serve.
Nutrition values per serving: 501 calories, 22 g fat, 75 g carbohydrates.
1 g fiber, 4 g protein, 41 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium
Source: Chef J. Andrew Coates, The Pump Room, Chicago, Illinois
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes