The Quiet Man Irish Pub Baker's Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Place half the flour, the sugar, yeast and salt into large bowl. Mix well.
- Add the warm water, oil and eggs and mix well. Allow to foam for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add remaining flour and more if needed to make a fairly tight dough.
- Let rise until double in bulk, punch down and rise again. Cut dough into desired
sizes and shapes. Place on tray that is dusted with yellow cornmeal.
- Brush breads with beaten egg (mix egg with a little water). Sprinkle loaves with
desired topping i.e., rosemary, kosher salt, granulated garlic, cracked black pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
Source: The Quiet Man Irish Pub, Dover, New Jersey
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes