The Shipyard Galley Zucchini Muffins
The Shipyard Galley, located in Mattapoisett, Massachusetts, is on Buzzards Bay,
just west of Cape Cod. Jan Spark, owner of the Shipyard Galley, is a petite woman
with a big smile. She's been in the restaurant business since she was 15 years old,
doing everything from waitressing to cooking.
Jan is an ardent fan of King Arthur Flour. She's always used King Arthur at home
as well as at the Shipyard Galley. On the occasion when she's had to substitute
another flour, she says, "Others just don't work as well."
Jan shares this muffin recipe with us. It makes about 27 full-sized muffins;
and if you don't want to bake them all at once, the batter will keep in the refrigerator
for up to 4 days.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups grated or finely chopped zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 to 1 cup raisins or currants
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tin(s) with papers, or grease
each cup. Since this recipe makes 24 to 27 muffins, you'll use at least two
tins; or simply bake as many as you want, and refrigerate the remaining batter,
to use up to 4 days later.
- Beat the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla till smooth and somewhat lightened
in color, about 1 minute at high speed.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, beating to combine.
- Add the flour, beating just till smooth.
- Add the zucchini, nuts, and raisins or currants.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, filling them about
- Bake the muffins for 25 to 27 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into
a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove them from the oven, and after a minute or so gently tilt them in
the pans, so their bottoms don't become soggy.
- As soon as you can handle the muffins, transfer them to a rack to cool.
Hands-on time: 10 to 15 min | Baking time: 25 to 27 min | Yield: 27 muffins
Nutrition information per serving (1 muffin, 92 g): 335 cal, 17 g fat, 5
g protein, 19 g complex carbohydrates, 20 g sugar, 1 g dietary fiber, 61 mg cholesterol,
205 mg sodium, 142 mg potassium, 2 mg vitamin C, 1 mg iron, 66 mg calcium, 72 mg
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
King Arthur Flour
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes