The Terrace Restaurant
Chester County Mushroom Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil, plus 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 2 pounds washed button mushrooms
- 1/2 pound washed shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 pound washed oyster mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 pints chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Mince carrots, onions, and celery in a food processor and sauté in heavy pot
- Mince mushrooms in a food processor, add to pot along with tarragon, salt
and pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes. Do not burn.
- Add stock and cream and bring to a boil. Mix melted butter and flour until smooth
and whip into soup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until all of the flour
and butter mixture is incorporated and the soup is thickened. Simmer for 30 minutes
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper, to taste.
Yield: 4 servings
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Lois Brenneman.
Recipe courtesy The Terrace Restaurant, Kennett Square
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes