The Towne Lyne House Seafood Newburg
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Meat from 2 (1 pound) lobsters
- 6 ounces fresh scallops
- 8 peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 cups milk or half-and-half
- 2 ounces dry sherry
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Cayenne pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- Roux-equal parts cooked flour and butter (1/2 pound)
- Sauté shrimp, scallops and lobster meat in melted butter. Season with paprika
and 1 ounce. sherry. Cook until shrimp and scallops are done. Reserve.
- Heat the milk until steaming. DO NOT BOIL. Season with salt, cayenne pepper and Worcestershire
sauce to taste. While liquid is steaming, add roux until desired thickness of sauce
- Add cooked seafood and liquid to sauce and remaining sherry wine and
let cook 2 or 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Correct the seasoning.
- Serve on toast points.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine - May 3, 2001.
Source: The Towne Lyne House, Lynnfield, MA
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes