The Union House Apple Cabbage Salad
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tart red apples (unpeeled), cored and diced
- 1/2 small Spanish onion, diced to make about 1/8 cup
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds (optional)
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, spices, apple and onion in large bowl.
- Fold in shredded cabbages.
- If using sunflower seeds, fold in or use to top salad.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine on 2/6/2002 3:09 pm.
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes