The Unlikely Cowboy Alehouse Mussels
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 ounce butter, clarified
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh shallots, minced
- 12 to 15 fresh black mussels
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 ounces Unlikely Cowboy Pale Ale
- 2 to 3 ounces whole butter, room temperature
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat clarified butter in a skillet. Add garlic and shallots; sauté until fully
aromatic. Do not allow to brown.
- Add mussels; toss to coat with garlic and shallots.
- Add ale; reduce heat, cover tightly and allow to simmer until the mussels have opened.
Remove cover; discard any unopened mussels.
- Add the fresh herbs. Cook to reduce the liquid by half.
- Remove pan from heat and swirl in the soft butter.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Chef: Paul Siegler, The Unlikely Cowboy, Phoenix, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes