The Upper Crust Bakery Black Gold Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped coarse
- 18 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped coarse
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water melt
unsweetened chocolate, 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, and butter, stirring occasionally,
and remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer beat eggs with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add espresso powder, vanilla extract and chocolate mixture, beating until smooth.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt and add to chocolate
mixture, beating until just combined.
- Stir in remaining semisweet chocolate and
nuts until combined well.
- Scoop out 1/2-cup measures of cookie dough, arranging them 3 inches apart on
ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven 25 minutes, or
until tops begin to crack (do not overbake).
- Cool cookies on a rack.
Yield: 12 (3- to 4-inch) cookies
Source: The Upper Crust Bakery - Austin, Texas
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes