The Vanilla Bean Chicken Cheese Tortellini
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chopped chicken breast
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1/2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 1/2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 gallon chicken stock
- Dried basil
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, washed and picked over
- 1 1/2 pounds precooked, cheese-filled tortellini
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a 3-gallon stockpot. Add olive oil. When oil just begins to smoke, add chicken
and sear on all sides.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add white wine and reduce by half.
- Add peppers, celery and chicken stock. Cook, over medium-high
heat, until vegetables are tender.
- Season with basil, salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, add spinach and tortellini.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine on 12/11/2001 9:17 am.
Source: Head Chef Phil Hopkins - The Vanilla Bean
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes