The Weather Vane Blackberry Cobbler
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 pounds Marion blackberries
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Crust: Mix sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, buttermilk and 3/4 cup of
flour to form a sticky dough.
- Spread remaining flour on a work surface and knead
dough until most of the flour is incorporated and dough is manageable. Roll dough
to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut into large pieces.
- Cover blackberry filling with dough, overlapping pieces, patchwork style.
- Filling: Mix all ingredients and put into prepared pan.
- Topping: Drizzle melted butter over dough and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden-brown and filling is bubbly, about 50 minutes.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Source: The Weather Vane, Mesa, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes