The White Inn Chocolate Cherries Fandango
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pitted fresh sweet cherries; reserve juice
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup kirsch brandy
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- In a small saucepan, warm the cream and add to the chocolate. Stir until blended
and set aside.
- In a medium-size sauté pan, combine the cherries, lemon juice, sugar, and enough
of the reserved cherry juice to moisten. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sugar
completely dissolves, then flambe with the brandy.
- Add the reserved chocolate mixture and blend together well.
- Toss in half of the hazelnuts and remove from heat.
- Serve over and around scoops of the ice cream. Sprinkle with the remaining hazelnuts and
Yields 4 servings.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 4/26/02 8:44:41 am.
Source: The White Inn, Fredonia, New York
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes