The Witchery Restaurant Steak Balmoral
This restaurant is located in a building where the "Old Hell Fire Club"
held their meetings. The restaurant serves Steak Balmoral made with a whiskey sauce.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 Aberdeen Angus steaks
- 4 tablespoons Scotch whiskey
- 1/2 pint double cream
- 1/4 pint beef stock
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ounce butter
- Pan fry the steaks and keep warm.
- Add the whiskey to the pan and carefully set it alight.
- Add the cream, stock and mushrooms and bring to a boil. Simmer gently until the sauce has reduced by
half, stirring from time to time.
Source: The Witchery Restaurant, Edinburgh, Scotland
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes