The Bartlett Inn Orange-Almond Biscotti
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted and chopped
- Bittersweet chocolate, melted (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, butter, orange peel and eggs. Stir in the flour,
baking powder, salt and almonds.
- Shape half of the dough at a time into 10 x 3 inch rectangles and set onto ungreased
cookie sheets. Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center
comes out clean. Cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
- Cut the dough crosswise into 1/2-inch slices and place each slice, cut sides
down, on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes longer or until golden brown
- Cool on wire racks. Top with melted bittersweet chocolate, if desired.
Yield: about 2 dozen cookies
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.