The Berkshire Grill Pineapple Bread Pudding
- 1 pound cooked white dinner rolls
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Break the rolls into bite-size pieces, about 1/2-inch each. Do not squeeze the
bread; tear so the pieces are light and fluffy.
- Pour the milk into a mixing bowl. Add the bread and stir it into the milk so
the pieces better absorb the milk. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Add the sugar, raisins, vanilla extract and
- Pour egg mixture over the bread-and-milk mixture. Mix well, folding with a rubber
spatula. Pour batter into a 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
- Bake until golden brown and puffy, when a wooden pick inserted in the batter in
several places comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.