The Hearth 'n Kettle Almond Crescents
- 1 pound 10 ounces almond paste
- Whites from 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces sliced almonds
- 4 ounces (or as needed) dark chocolate
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond paste and two of the egg whites, mixing
until smooth. Add the sugar and mix again until smooth. Add the remaining egg whites
and mix again until smooth.
- Place the batter into a pastry bag with a large, round tip. Pipe the cookies
in crescent shapes onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle each one with sliced
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When the cookies are cool, melt the chocolate in a microwave or in the top of
a double boiler. Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate.
- Let the chocolate coating cool and harden before serving.
Yield: about 2 dozen cookies
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.