The Westin la Cantera Resort Petite Devil's
Food Cakes with Verona Chocolate Filling
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 ounces granulated sugar
- 8 ounces bread flour
- 1/4 ounce baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 12 ounces melted butter
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 4 ounces cocoa powder
- 8 ounces cake flour
- 6 whole eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces carrot or beet puree
- 3 pounds water
- 4 pounds sugar
- 1 pound 5 ounces cocoa powder
- 2 pounds 5 ounces heavy cream
- 3 1/2 ounces gelatin (33 sheets)
- Cakes: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift sugar, cocoa powder, bread flour,
cake flour and baking soda. Beat the eggs and stir in the buttermilk and sour cream.
Add the dry ingredients and mix in the puree. Add the butter and olive oil.
- Place the mix in a greased and floured mold-muffin tin or other similar shape.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Chocolate Glaze: Boil water, sugar, cocoa powder and heavy cream. Reduce heat
and add gelatin. Simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside to chill.
- Using a melon scoop, remove a portion of the devil's food cake once cooled.
Fill the opening with approximately four ounces of chilled chocolate glaze. Place
in the microwave for approximately one minute.
Yield: approximately 12 to 15 (8 ounce) petite devils food cakes
Serving suggestions: Raspberries and fresh seasonal berries.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes