The Woodstock Inn and Resort Hot Chocolate Cake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 3 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry coulis, for garnish (see note)
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (Ben & Jerry's preferred)
- In a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate. Fold in the amaretto, eggs
and egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and sugar. Fold into the chocolate
mixture just until combined (do not over-mix). Pour the batter into four (each 4
ounces) buttered ramekins, or foil soufflé cups.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 17 minutes. The finished cakes should be firm on the
outside, but still soft and not set in the center.
- Place each one on a dessert plate. Garnish with raspberry sauce and ice cream.
Yield: 4 servings
Raspberry coulis is a strained raspberry sauce. It can be made from fresh
or frozen raspberries, sugar and a dash of lemon juice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes