Three Sisters Coconut Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 lightly baked 9-inch pie shell
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup coconut cream, such as Coco Lopez or Coco Goya
- 2 cups buttermilk or undiluted evaporated milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon grated nutmeg, or to taste
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the eggs, sugar and flour or cornstarch in a large bowl. Beat briskly
with a whisk until well-blended. Stir in the coconut cream, milk, salt and vanilla
extract, mixing until blended.
- Add the coconut and stir again. Pour the filling into the partially baked pie
crust. Sprinkle the top of the pie with the nutmeg.
- Set the pie on the middle oven
shelf and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the pie is puffy
and light golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Don't over-bake.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- If you must chill the pie, bring it to room temperature for 20 or so minutes before serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes