Thunder Bay Grille Sausage Jambalaya
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked sweet Italian or Andouille sausage, sliced about 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup medium diced onion
- 1/2 cup medium diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup medium diced celery
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain enriched parboiled white rice
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spice
- In preheated 8-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, sauté sausage about 5 minutes. Add
all vegetables and cook 5 minutes.
- Add rice, stirring until well coated with liquid in pan.
- Mix chicken base with water and add all remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Serve immediately, or chill and reheat before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Variations: Vary the recipe by adding other meats. Good options include chicken,
shrimp, scallops or pork. Adjust the level of spices to suit your taste.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes