Tip-Top Inn Pineapple Fritters
with Chantilly Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 can crushed pineapple, drained (1-pound size)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup cream
- Pineapple Fritters: Mix and sift dry ingredients, add milk gradually, and eggs.
Add drained pineapple to batter. Fry until light brown. Serve with Chantilly Sauce
- Chantilly Sauce: Beat together all ingredients except the cream until very thick.
Add cream, beaten stiff.
Serves about 20.
Posted by Lorraine38 at Recipe Goldmine on 10/20/2001, 8:49 am.
Source: Old-Time New England Cookbook Duncan MacDonald and Robb Sagendorph
- Tip-Top Inn, Shrewsbury, Vermont
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes