T.J. Cinnamon's Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, scalded and cooled to 110 degrees F
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons warm milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For dough, dissolve yeast in water with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar and salt.
- At low speed, gradually beat in milk, oil, eggs, and yeast mixture; beat until well blended.
- Beat in additional flour until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- On floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place
in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise
- in warm, draft-free area until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- For filling, beat all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 18 x 10-inch
rectangle. Spread with filling. Roll tightly from long side. Cut into 14 (1 1/4-inch)
slices. Place 1 roll cut side up in center of each pan. Arrange remaining rolls
in a circle of 6 around center roll.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto wire racks, then invert again to cool.
- For icing, whisk all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled rolls.
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine - May 15, 2001.
Source: Insiders Recipes For Brand Name Foods