T.J. Cinnamon's Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, scalded and cooled to 110 degrees F
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons warm milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dough: Dissolve yeast in water with 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar and salt.
- At low speed, gradually beat in milk, oil, eggs, and yeast mixture; beat until well blended.
- Beat in additional flour until dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- On floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes. Place
in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise
- in warm, draft-free area until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Filling: Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Set aside.
- Grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. On lightly floured surface, roll dough into an 18 x 10-inch
rectangle. Spread with filling. Roll tightly from long side. Cut into 14 (1 1/4-inch)
slices. Place 1 roll cut side up in center of each pan. Arrange remaining rolls
in a circle of 6 around center roll.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto wire racks, then invert again to cool.
- Icing: Whisk all ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled rolls.
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine - May 15, 2001.
Source: Insiders Recipes For Brand Name Foods
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.