As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large eggplant, skinned and diced
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes (from a can)
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rolled and thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- In a large skillet, heat 6 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add
onion and cook until translucent.
- Add eggplant and cook until it begins to soften.
Do not overcook, as it will become mushy.
- Scrape vegetables into a bowl and set aside.
- Place pan back over medium-high heat and add remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add
zucchini and cook until it begins to soften. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Remove
and add to eggplant.
- Place pan back on stove; increase heat to high; add crushed
tomatoes, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes, until tomato pieces
- Add to eggplant mixture. Add basil.
- Can be served hot, cold or at room temperature.
Serves about 8.
Source: Tologono, Louisville, Kentucky
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes