Top of the World Roasted Leg of
Lamb with Golden Raisin au Jus
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 leg of lamb
- 20 garlic cloves
- 8 sprigs rosemary
- 2 ounces kosher salt
- 1 ounce coarse black pepper
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 cups golden raisins
- Season leg with salt, pepper and rosemary. Place 10 cloves of garlic inside the
leg in different areas using a sharp knife to make small slices in meat. Tie with
- Take a roasting pan and make it extremely hot to sear the leg. Place oil in pan
and then add leg, searing until golden brown on all sides, then remove.
- Sauté remaining garlic and vegetables, then deglaze pan the pan with the white
wine. Reduce by half and add water and place lamb on top of vegetables.
- Roast at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 110 degrees
F for a medium rare leg of lamb.
- Strain au jus, skim off fat and add raisins.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes