Treebeards Jalapeno Cornbread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 10 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3 cups creamed corn
- 1 cup white onions, chopped small
- 1 cup jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups milk
- Throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them up.
- Grease a 12 x 20-inch pan (or two 12 x 10-inch pans) with Pam.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until brown and firm in center. Push a wooden pick in the center to see if any sticks to it. When the pick comes out clean, the cornbread is ready.
Source: Treebeards, Houston, Texas
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes