Trevi's Polenta with Taleggio
Cheese and Mushrooms
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 slices cold polenta flour
- 14 ounces fresh porcini mushrooms
- 5 ounces taleggio cheese, cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the mushrooms and fry in the olive oil until cooked but still firm.
- Add the garlic and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toast the polenta on a red hot griddle for three to four minutes per side.
- Put the mushrooms on top of the polenta and sprinkle the taleggio on top of the hot mushrooms. The cheese will melt slightly.
- Serve at once.
Source: Paolo Verzeni, Executive Chef, Trevi's at Omni Mandalay, Irving,
Texas - as published in Southwest Food Service News
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes