Trey Yuen Pot Stickers
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pot Sticker Filling
- 2 cups ground turkey (or 1 cup ground turkey and 1 cup small bay shrimp)
- 2 cups finely chopped bok choy*
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced white part of green onion (save green part)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
* Blanch whole stalk - white and green parts, finely chop, then squeeze out excess water in cheesecloth.
Pot Sticker Wrappers
- 1 package pot sticker wrappers or Gyoea skins
- 1 whipped egg yolk
Pot Sticker Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar, white or balsamic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed chile pepper with oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green part)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator
for 1 hour.
- To stuff pot stickers, place one scant teaspoon of stuffing mix into the center
of the wrapper. Brush the egg yolk around the outer edge. Then fold in half and
- This is a foolproof way to cook pot stickers. Place the desired number of pot
stickers on a plate and steam them for 8-10 minutes.
- When they're done, place the flat sides In a Teflon-coated skillet with a
little poly-unsaturated oil. Cook over medium-high heat until crispy golden brown
and serve with the soy-vinegar sauce for dipping.
Chef's Notes: To deep fry, cook submerged at 325 degrees F until crispy.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine - May 24, 2001.
Source: wwltv.com - One of the signature dishes of the Trey Yuen Restaurant -
Cuisine of China
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes