Tru Blue Cheese Double-Baked Idaho® Potatoes
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 large Idaho® potatoes pierced with a fork
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons Roquefort, Maytag, or other blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Space the potatoes out on a baking sheet and bake until tender all the way
through (internal temperature of 210 degrees F) for about 1 hour.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut an X in the top of each potato and squeeze the potatoes gently to loosen
the flesh. Scoop the centers out, leaving about a 1/4-inch wall all the way
- Lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream and Roquefort over medium heat, stirring
to blend. When incorporated and heated through, turn of the heat and quickly
mix in the potato pulp.
- Mix in the butter, chives, Parmesan and pepper. Use this mixture to re-stuff
- Put the potatoes back on the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes,
until heated through and browned.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe courtesy of Gale Gand and Rick Tramonto, Chefs/Co-Owners, TRU, Chicago, Illinois.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Idaho Potato Commission
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes