Tuscan Hill Inn Eggnog Quick Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 2 teaspoons rum or rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled slightly
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F, with rack in center. Grease the bottom of a 9 x 5-inch
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Blend in sugar, eggnog, rum, vanilla extract and melted
- In another bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg. Mix into
the eggnog mixture. Stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. Pour batter
into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until center
of loaf tests done with a wooden pick or cake tester.
- Cool loaf for 10 minutes, then remove bread from pan.
- Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.
- Best sliced the day after baking.
Yield: 1 (9 x 5-inch) loaf
Source: Tuscan Hill Inn, Asheville, North Carolina
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes