Two Elk Walnut Melt Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 pound softened butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces chocolate, melted
- Toast, then finely grind the walnuts.
- Beat butter and sugar, then add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract together.
Softly stir in flour and walnut, careful not to overstir. (If mixture is too wet,
add more flour, a little at a time, until it is piping consistency.)
- Place mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto a greased tray into lengths of
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 degrees F) for about 15 minutes.
- While baking, melt chocolate and set aside. Take mixture out of oven and allow
- Once cool, drizzle chocolate onto cookies and cool, then take them from the tray
and place into a container, one layer at a time. Cover with parchment or waxed paper.
Makes about 18 cookies, depending on size of each.
These cookies are brittle, so soft handling is essential.
Source: Two Elk Restaurant, Vail, Colorado
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes