U Drop Inn Banana Cake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3/4 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Cake: Cream together the butter and sugar for cake batter until light and fluffy.
Beat eggs lightly and add to creamed mixture, blending well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add alternately with buttermilk and vanilla,
beginning and ending with flour. Fold in bananas and stir to blend. Pour batter
into 2 greased 8-inch cake pans or a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake for 35-40
minutes in a preheated 350 degrees F oven. Frost with Caramel Icing.
- Caramel Icing: Melt butter in saucepan and add brown sugar. Cook over low
heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add milk and allow to come to a boil.
Immediately remove from heat and allow to cool before adding vanilla extract,
confectioners' sugar and salt. Beat well and frost cake.