Union House Restaurant Brownies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 3 (1 ounce squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (1 ounce squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur such as Kahlua (or other compatible liquor)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 8-inch pan with vegetable oil spray or
- Brownies: Melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Cool, stir
in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth. Stir in
flour and salt.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven 25 to 35 minutes or until
top is crusty and cake tester comes out clean when inserted near center.
- Remove from oven and cool. When cool, frost, then cut into bars.
- Frosting: Melt butter and chocolate over low heat or in microwave. Blend
- Add vanilla extract and about half of sugar; mix well.
- Gradually add remaining sugar and liqueur until mixture reaches spreading consistency.
Makes 24 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes