Union House Restaurant Southwestern Potato Salad
- 3 to 4 pounds medium-size red potatoes, washed, skin left on
- Vegetable oil to coat potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 cup good mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- White pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Ground cumin to taste
- Cooked crumbled bacon to garnish
- Fresh snipped chives to garnish
- Coat potatoes with oil; sprinkle with salt to taste. Pierce potatoes in
several places with tines of fork.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 375 degrees F about
45 minutes, or until tender.
- Cool. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add peppers, onions and celery to potatoes; stir in mayonnaise and barbecue
sauce. Add additional salt, if desired, white and cayenne peppers, and cumin.
- Garnish with bacon and chives.
Makes about 15 servings.