Union Oyster House Gingerbread
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 cup hot water (160 degrees F)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan,
knocking out excess flour.
- Into a bowl sift together flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together oil and sugar until
combined and beat in egg and molasses until combined well. Gradually beat in
flour mixture until combined and add water, beating until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 30 minutes, or until a tester
comes out clean. Cool gingerbread in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Run a thin knife
around edge of pan and invert gingerbread onto rack to cool completely.
- Serve gingerbread with whipped cream.
Source: Gourmet - February 1996 - You Asked For It; Union Oyster House, Boston,
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes