Uptown Cafe Sesame Chicken
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sesame flour (recipe follows)
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless, chicken breast tenders
- Canola or vegetable oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 1/2 cups Lemon Cream Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
Lemon Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco (optional)
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Chicken: Boil linguine according to package directions. Toss with olive oil and set
- Pour sesame flour into a baking pan. In small bowl, beat egg with fork until
the yolk is thoroughly mixed. Dip chicken breasts into egg, then roll in flour
mixture. Discard any remaining egg or flour mixture.
- Meanwhile, heat enough oil to float the chicken pieces to about 375 degrees
F. in a pot with high sides. (Do not cover the pot and do not let the oil smoke.
You can check temperature with thermometer or by dropping chicken into the oil.
It will bubble and lift the chicken if the temperature is right.) Drop chicken
into oil and cook about 5 minutes. Remove from oil and set aside. Or, sauté
the chicken with 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat;
cook about 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of your tenders.
- Pour Lemon Cream Sauce into a wide sauté pan. Place over medium heat, and
add broccoli. Bring to a boil and allow to bubble 1 to 2 minutes, depending
on how thick you like your sauce. Remove from heat and toss with linguine, chicken
and cheese. (Mixture will appear soupy at first, but will thicken as it cools.)
Place in bowls and garnish each serving with extra Parmesan, if you wish.
- Sesame Flour: Place sesame seeds and cornmeal in a blender and grind thoroughly.
Place mixture in a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid. Add flour, salt
and pepper. Shake until well combined.
- Lemon Cream Sauce: In a skillet set over medium-high heat, melt butter.
Add onion and cook until softened, with light-brown edges, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, chives, salt and pepper and chicken base. Cook 1 minute more. Remove
from heat; allow to cool about 10 minutes; and stir in Tabasco (if using), wine,
lemon juice, milk and cream. Mixture will curdle slightly, but the texture will
improve when the sauce is reheated.
Yield: 2 servings; 1 1/2 cups Sesame Flour; about 7 cups Lemon Cream Sauce
Extra sauce may be tossed with pasta, served with roast chicken or added to casseroles.
You can pan-fry the chicken, instead of deep-fat-frying the pieces, to save time
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes