Valle Luna Chile Rellenos
- 12 Anaheim chiles, roasted
- 1 pound Monterey jack cheese
- Grated egg whites, as needed
- Egg yolks, 1 for every 8 egg whites, as needed
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more as needed
- Flour, as needed
- 8 ounces white onions, chopped
- 24 ounces water
- 4 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces green chiles, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- In a skillet, sauté onions until tender. Add flour as needed. Add water;
mix well. Add tomatoes, diced green chiles and tomato sauce; bring mixture to
a boil. Continue boiling for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whip egg whites until firm. Add flour, egg yolks and salt to
taste; mix well. Dip Anaheim chiles in the flour mixture; deep-fry until golden
brown. Top with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese has
melted. Top with sauce.
Source: Chef Pepe, Valle Luna Restaurant, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.