Van Gogh's Restaurant and Bar Portobello Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 5 leeks (white and pale green only), chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 ounces portobello mushrooms, chopped (4 generous cups)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Ground white pepper
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add leeks and onion; sauté
until tender, 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add flour; cook until mixture is thick, stirring occasionally,
about 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in stock and half of sherry. Bring soup to boil, stirring.
Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in half-and-half. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cayenne pepper. Season with white pepper and salt. Stir remaining
sherry into soup. Bring to simmer and serve.
Source: From Van Gogh's Restaurant and Bar, Roswell, Georgia - Bon Appetit,
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes