Vanilla Bean Cafe Chicken Cheese Tortellini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups chopped chicken breast
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 1/2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 2 1/2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 gallon chicken stock
- Dried basil
- 5 ounces fresh spinach, washed and picked over
- 1 1/2 pounds precooked, cheese-filled tortellini
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a 3-gallon stockpot. Add olive oil. When oil just begins to smoke,
add chicken and sear on all sides. Add onions and garlic and sauté 1 minute.
Add white wine and reduce by half. Add peppers, celery and chicken stock. Cook,
over medium-high heat, until vegetables are tender.
- Season with basil, salt and pepper. Just before serving, add spinach and
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan.
Yield: 12 to 16 servings
Source: Vanilla Bean Cafe and Baking Co. - Latham, New York
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes