Vargo's Blue Cheese House Dressing
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Dash each black pepper and salt
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup each red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar and fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable oil (such as Wesson)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Salad greens
- Crumbled blue cheese as desired
- In medium size bowl, mix sugar, pepper, salt, garlic, vinegars and lemon
- Combine oils with water then slowly add to sugar mixture, with a wire whisk.
Store in refrigerator.
- Toss salad greens in a bowl, add crumbled blue cheese, then add as much
dressing as needed, toss to coat leaves.
Source: Restaurant Recipes - Vargo's restaurant, a Houston, Texas landmark
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.