Velvet Turtle Gazpacho
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 medium green pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and minced
- 2 small cans green chiles, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- MSG (I omit this)
- White pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Combine first eleven ingredients. Season to taste with MSG, salt and white
pepper. Chill thoroughly.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- For a smooth gazpacho, blend above mixture in blender until smooth.
- Serve with additional diced cucumber, green pepper, and croutons on the
Source: The Los Angeles Times California Cookbook c.1981
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.