Velvet Turtle Gazpacho
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 medium green pepper, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and minced
- 2 small cans green chiles, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- MSG (I omit this)
- White pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Combine first eleven ingredients. Season to taste with MSG, salt and white
pepper. Chill thoroughly.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- For a smooth gazpacho, blend above mixture in blender until smooth.
- Serve with additional diced cucumber, green pepper, and croutons on the
Source: The Los Angeles Times California Cookbook c.1981