Veritable Quandary Roasted Red
Pepper and Mozzarella Salad
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 pounds red bell peppers or a combination of yellow and red (about 6 large) *
- 1/2 to 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, drained
- 1 large or 2 small bunches fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring wine to a simmer, add golden raisins, remove from heat and let set
until raisins plump, at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, char fresh red peppers over an open fire or gas flame. Place
peppers in brown paper bag until cool. Peel and seed peppers, reserving any
liquid that accumulates. Cut into 1-inch-square pieces.
- Cut mozzarella into 1-inch cubes. Toss together peppers, raisins and white
wine, mozzarella, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar and any accumulated liquid from charred peppers,
and drizzle over salad.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
* Or use three 13- or 14-ounce jars roasted red peppers, or 2 jars red and
1 yellow, drained on paper towels to remove excess juice.
Source: Executive Chef Annie Cuggino, Veritable Quandary
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.