Veritable Quandary Roasted Red
Pepper and Mozzarella Salad
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 pounds red bell peppers or a combination of yellow and red (about 6 large) *
- 1/2 to 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, drained
- 1 large or 2 small bunches fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Bring wine to a simmer, add golden raisins, remove from heat and let set
until raisins plump, at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, char fresh red peppers over an open fire or gas flame. Place
peppers in brown paper bag until cool. Peel and seed peppers, reserving any
liquid that accumulates. Cut into 1-inch-square pieces.
- Cut mozzarella into 1-inch cubes. Toss together peppers, raisins and white
wine, mozzarella, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar and any accumulated liquid from charred peppers,
and drizzle over salad.
- Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.
* Or use three 13- or 14-ounce jars roasted red peppers, or 2 jars red and
1 yellow, drained on paper towels to remove excess juice.
Source: Executive Chef Annie Cuggino, Veritable Quandary
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes