Veritable Quandary Sweet Corn Relish
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, removed from cob (or 2 cups frozen)
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 small red or sweet white onion, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (less if you prefer a less sweet relish)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, or more to taste (stems removed)
- In a saucepan, cook corn, chilies, pepper, onion, garlic and sugar over
medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add lime juice.
- Mix cornstarch in water. Stir cornstarch slurry into vegetables and cook
an additional 2 minutes, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in cilantro leaves.
Makes 4 cups, about 16 servings.
Source: Executive Chef Annie Cuggino, Veritable Quandary
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.