Veritable Quandary Sweet Corn Relish
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn, removed from cob (or 2 cups frozen)
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 1 small red or sweet white onion, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (less if you prefer a less sweet relish)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, or more to taste (stems removed)
- In a saucepan, cook corn, chilies, pepper, onion, garlic and sugar over
medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add lime juice.
- Mix cornstarch in water. Stir cornstarch slurry into vegetables and cook
an additional 2 minutes, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in cilantro leaves.
Makes 4 cups, about 16 servings.
Source: Executive Chef Annie Cuggino, Veritable Quandary